Well this shake will definitely not be bought again! I do remember as a coach that a bunch of my customers changed from Shakeology to Orgain and I’m a little bit surprised. To me, the two are not comparable but obviously people believe they are.
- Nutrition (B-): Dr. Laurie Brodsky gave this shake an B-.
- Cost (A): This shake is one of the most reasonably priced shakes out there! I bought it on Amazon and it was $18 for 10 servings. That is only $1.80/serving and you can also get this shake much cheaper if you want a bigger tin. Since I knew I was only drinking it for a week, I went for the smaller tin, but at Costco you can get 27 servings for $30. That is an incredible price!!!
- Taste (C): I only had the chocolate but I did not like the taste of it at all. It tasted way too malty for me. A few times this week, I had no interest in finishing the shake and almost had to force myself to.
- Filling (B). This shake was just average with filling me up. Some days I was able to go a few hours before I was starving for lunch, but other days I did get very hungry very quickly. I do think it is more filling than other store brand shakes I have tried, but it is definitely not as filling as shakes like Shakeology or Idlife.
- Energizing (B). Similar to how much this shake filled me, I felt that it was only average with respect to how much it energized me. I did have an amazing week with the kids for spring break, but I definitely could have used some extra energy this week as all moms can understand!!
- Total Score (B). This shake is pretty average on all counts. Definitely a good option for a shake on a budget, but I am determined to find a shake that tastes much better, is more energizing, more filling and has better nutritional value. I CANNOT wait for the shake for next week. Cinnamon Crunch from Quest–it seriously tastes like Cinnamon Toast Crunch!!!